Slica Send (SIO)2
Silica is the name given to a group of minerals composed solely of silicon and oxygen, the two most abundant elements in the earth’s crust. Silica sand or Industrial sand is a term normally applied to high purity silica products with closely controlled particle size. Silica exists in many different shapes and crystalline structures as a significant component of many igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. This natural form of silicon dioxide is found in an impressive range of varieties and colors. Silica is very hard (6.5-7.2 on Mohs scale) and chemically inert material. It melts on high temperature and makes high strength bonds between the atoms.
Because of it’s transparent to translucent and vitreous luster nature Silica sand is the primary component of all types of standard and specialty glass. Strength and non-reactive properties make it an essential ingredient in the production of thousands of everyday products. Shape, size, dielectric properties and non reactivity qualities makes it applicable in foundries and filtration systems.
Silica Sand deposits are mined in open pit operations then dried and sized to produce the optimum particle size distribution for the intended application. For industrial and manufacturing applications we produce Silica sand with the purity of >95% silica content.
- • Glass: Chemically pure SiO2 works as Network former, good in Color, Clarity and Strength. Glass Silica is used for building glass, automotive glass, container glass, tableware, test tubes and other scientific tools, incandescent and fluorescent lamps, television and computer CRT monitors etc. Powder form for fiberglass insulation and reinforcing glass fibers is also available.
- • Metal Casting: ferrous and non-ferrous foundry industry, engine block, etc. Available in required AFS, high fusion point (1760°C), low rate of thermal expansion, High chemical purity
- • Construction: Silica Sand with high coloring impurities is primary structural component construction. It has anti-corrosion and high strength
- • Paint and Coatings: improve finish color, appearance & durability, High purity, Good brightness & reflectance, color consistency and oil absorption.
- • Filtration and Water Production: Uniform grain shapes and grain size distributions, Chemically inert,
- • Cement Production: we produce fine and pure silica for cement production.
|Specific Gravity||2.6-2.7 gm/cc||Fe2O3,FeO||0.05|
|Diaphaneity||Transparent to Translucent||MgO||0.01|